Goat Cheese & Pesto Stuffed Dates with Duck Prosciutto
Creamy, tangy goat cheese is the perfect match for sweet dried dates, nutty pecans, and wildflower honey - add the intense savory flavor of Angel's Duck Prosciutto, and you've got the ideal start to any occasion.
Open a bottle of sparkling wine for this rich appetizer and see your guests' eyes light up!
Angel's Pre-Sliced Duck Prosciutto (or Angel's Dry Cured Duck Breast, thinly sliced)
16 pitted dates of choice
3oz goat cheese, softened
3tbsp honey, divided (wildflower honey, if you can!)
1/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1tsp of our Frantoio pesto (to taste)
Pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl, cream together goat cheese, pesto, and salt.
- Fold in half of the chopped pecans and 1tbsp honey.
- Slice along one long side of each the pitted dates.
- Using a spoon or pastry bag, fill each date with the goat cheese mixture.
- Top with a slice of Angel's Duck Prosciutto.
- Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until later.
- Use a pastry bag to briefly heat the goat cheese, pesto, and salt mixture before stuffing dates.